Thursday, March 14, 2013

where it all began...Revisited!

About 6 months ago, I created a post called Where is all began... giving sort of a visual timeline of my photography journey and how I got started.  I thought I'd revisit that post since I've been to my beloved Savannah a couple times since then.  Hopefully these pictures will show more of my growth as a photographer.  I still have so much to learn and I'm truly enjoying this hobby. 

Our First Anniversary - November 2012

I love everything about Savannah in the fall....the weather, the leaves, Thanksgiving at Lady & Sons!!!  Every day was beautiful and I took my camera everywhere.  Once again we had a wonderful time and did a ton of exploring.



 














































 






 












Spring Break - 2013

This trip was completely last minute...we didn't plan a thing!  Which if you know me, that's the complete opposite of how I typically do things.  Usually when we go to Savannah, I've been planning for months and know exactly where I want to go and what I want to capture through my lens.  This time though, there were no plans!  Which was both good and bad.  The good part was, we relaxed A LOT, went here and there without a care, and simply enjoyed our time together.  The bad part was...we relaxed A LOT and I barely took my camera anywhere!!!  :(  There were a few outings I made sure to bring it along, but not many.  I didn't even have a list of pics I wanted, which is also highly unusual for me.  Lately when we visit Savannah, I have a list of places I want to go just so I can get some great shots....but not this time.  I truly did things differently.  And I played around with my camera a little bit more.  I went completely on manual the entire time we were there and I shot in RAW format (2 things I am pretty new at).  This was a big learning experience for me...not so many shots as usual, but trying new things and hoping for more growth as a photographer.  I'm not sure if these are as good as the ones I took in November, but for shooting in manual the entire time, they're not too bad!  I'll just have to keep practicing!!!  Let me know what you think...









 








 


 













 

 











 



 










Thanks for sharing in my journey with me.  I'd love to know what you think....feel free to comment below.  Have a wonderful evening!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment