Sunday, July 22, 2012

where it all began....

Someone asked me the other day, where my passion for photography came from....There's two parts to that answer...

First, I would have to say, I started becoming interested in capturing images the first time Troy and I went to Savannah.  There is so much historic charm there, and I am so overcome by feelings of warmth and comfort when we visit, that I wanted to bottle it up and bring it home with me!!!  The best way I knew how, was through snapping tons of pictures.  So, that's what I did.  I drug Troy all over Savannah with my simple little point and shoot camera, capturing as much of the sweet southern charm that I could.

The second part of that answer comes from planning our wedding.  As I began to plan our wedding, I started falling in love with these amazing images I saw.  The unique quality of work put into creating lasting memories through photos.  Our wedding photographer, Teresa Earnest of Memories N More is truly fantastic, her work is incredible and she is such a doll.  I began following her blog, and many other photography blogs; I just couldn't get enough of these breathtaking images.  I was hooked, and have been ever since!!!!

Savannah over the years...it's fun to see the transition....

Birthday Weekend - 2007

This was our very first trip to Savannah.  I had been begging Troy to take me for a couple years, and we finally went.  We fell in love with the city instantly!!!




Thanksgiving - 2008 

Gotta love the date stamp on all of the images!!!  I didn't know how to turn it off on the camera!!!  :)




Christmas - 2009

You can tell this is when I started getting a little more in to the actual composition of the pictures.  We stayed at the Hyatt on River Street and I was inspired by the B&W pictures in the lobby there.  We wanted to "recreate" them for our home.  So, I once again, took Troy on a hunt through the town for all of the places!!!!  The top images have been recently re-edited, trust me, in 2009 they sure didn't look like this!!!  ;)




 








Wedding Planning - 2010

Our trips to Savannah in 2010 were mostly for wedding planning and not just relaxation, so there aren't many pictures to choose from where I was shooting for fun!!!




Spring Break, Wedding & Honeymoon - 2011

These are images from the last 2 trips we took to Savannah.  I think they are incredibly different from the pictures I took on our first couple trips.  I can't wait to go again so I can capture even more of the historic charm!!!















If anyone sees this, I hope you enjoyed the transition as much as I did!!!  Have a good evening!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment